We're not old, we're retro

Welcome, one and all!

Saturday 1 December 2012

Some people disappoint me

I was in a chip shop last night. Don't judge me. It was late and I was hungry. If it helps, after putting my boys to bed, I'd just driven to Wolverhampton and back to pick up a Xmas present for them. So there.
Anyway. For whatever reason. I was in a chip shop last night. Another chap was ahead of me. Behind the counter, two mid 30s chaps were serving and a lady in her 50s was mopping. The chap ahead of me was maybe in his forties. He didn't seem to be drunk, which might arguably partially excuse, or at least explain, what followed.
He called over to the lady mopping:
"Hey! Hey! You can come and do mine when you've finished if you like"
My first thought was this: what a monumental twat. Quickly followed by: surely he didn't think that was so funny that it was actually worth saying out loud.
The lady immediately finished her mopping and went out back.
Customer to man serving: "I don't think she heard me"
Really? No, because obviously she'd still be mopping if she had, having pissed herself laughing. This man actually thought this was a good joke.
Even worse was to follow.
When she came back in, he did the joke again, in case she hadn't heard it
"I said, you can come and do mine if you like, when you've finished"
He made her, made her acknowledge his big hilarious joke. Honestly. All true. I despair of humanity.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment